event display and reg
CANCELLED - Searching Medline and CINAHL (Online Workshop)
This is a demonstration and hands-on introduction to searching two important health databases: Medline and CINAHL
By the end of this session, students will know:
- when to choose each database
- how to create a structured search in each database
- how to search in specific fields (search in title/author, etc)
- how to limit a search (date/language/age group)
- how to prepare records for export to citation managers
Participants are encouraged to bring research questions.
Restricted to University of Alberta Faculty, Staff and Students. CCID and password are required for participation.
If you have signed up for the class but cannot attend, please cancel your registration so that someone on the waiting list can register. Please contact Arden Hill email@example.com
NOTE: This session will be offered online. Students will require a laptop or desktop computer for this session.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- 9:00am - 11:00am
- W. Mackenzie Health Sciences Computer Lab 2F.102 (Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre)
- Scott Health Sciences Library
The WMC 2F102 Computer Lab is located a few steps down the hall from the John W. Scott Health Sciences Library. To get there from ECHA, cross the pedway to Katz/Medical Sciences. Head east down the Medical Sciences corridor until you reach the entrance to the Walter Mackenzie Centre (WMC; U of A Hospital). Once inside WMC, head south down the corridor past the library to arrive at the lab. If arriving via the U of A Hospital, head to the east main entrance and take the escalator to the second floor. At the top of the escalator, head north along the corridor until you arrive at the lab.